What does retirement mean to you? Does it mean exploring the world, having adventures while making memories to cherish for a lifetime? Does it mean sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the time that you’ve earned? Does it mean rediscovering new passions, rekindling old friendships or simply turning over a new leaf? Whatever it means to you, you will discover it through … senior living?
“Today’s senior living is not your grandma’s senior living,” says Mary Scott Russell, Director of Marketing at East Ridge at Cutler Bay, Miami-Dade County’s only true Life Plan Retirement Community. “It’s more than a place to go to live out your golden years. It’s an opportunity to revive a hobby or a lifetime interest. It’s your chance to relax, knowing your residence and your health care are completely covered. It’s time to rediscover something you’ve long wanted to try, but never found time to do before. Or – maybe it’s all of the above!” Yes, the “good life” is possible in senior living. In fact, it’s not just possible – it’s expected. “We’ve heard so many of our residents say they wish they’d moved here sooner because they can’t believe how wonderful life can be at our community,” she says. “So many people think that senior living means giving up the things you love or saying goodbye to freedom, but in fact, it’s the complete opposite of that. Residents at East Ridge at Cutler Bay know that moving here doesn’t mean giving up … it means opening up to the possibilities.”
Revive … your mind, body and spirit.
Aging well starts with feeling well. That means caring for the whole person, and doing things to care for yourself so you can live your best life, starting now. At East Ridge at Cutler Bay, our lifestyle is focused on whole-body wellness and vitality. So, we look at wellness as incorporating eight different dimensions: physical, social, intellectual, vocational, spiritual, emotional, environmental and health services. Here’s just a sampling of how our senior living lifestyle does that:
- Physical: Our designed-for-you fitness center features senior-specific exercise equipment and group (or individual) fitness classes. Our full-time wellness coordinator works with you to maintain a healthy fitness regime no matter your physical ability.
- Social: Finding friends is as easy as opening a door. Residents spend time together through activities such as birthday nights, travel club, movie night, theater, shopping trips and musical concerts.
- Intellectual: Who says learning ends after you leave school? Solve problems, think creatively and stay challenged mentally through our book club, library, lectures and expert guest speakers.
- Vocational: Want to pass along your wisdom? Enjoy volunteering? You’ll find those opportunities and other fun groups to pass along your passions and flex your skills through garden club, woodshop, ceramics and the “Village Crafters.”
- Spiritual: Maintain a connection with inner values while finding peace and purpose in life. Opportunities include religious services, nature discussions, chapel and musical programs.
- Emotional: Maintain a positive outlook, be happy, and feel good about yourself and others. Experience all this through our poetry groups, arts and crafts, and lectures.
- Environmental: Preserve our land and care about our environment. Our 76 acres of green spaces and open areas are a great place to put this dimension to practice.
- Health services: Enjoy peace of mind in knowing on-site assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation are all available to you through LifeCare at East Ridge
Relax … and let us take care of all the details.
Senior living can be a little bit – or a lot like – living at a five-star, all-inclusive resort. No longer do you have to do yardwork, clean the house or go grocery shopping (unless you want to). No longer do you have to deal with home repairs or property taxes or whatnot. No longer do you have to plan your meals, cook or clean up afterward. We take care of it all … because this is your time to enjoy life and everything that comes with it!
Let’s start with the amazing dining. At East Ridge at Cutler Bay, you’ll enjoy restaurant-style dining each and every day. Choose a sit-down social meal in our dining room, or grab something to go in our new bistro. In our main dining room, menus feature ever-changing entrée and dessert options, plus our everyday favorites. A salad and fruit bar is always available, featuring fresh, colorful vegetables, juicy fruits and chef-prepared soups.
Then, let’s talk about the maintenance-free, all-inclusive lifestyle. Once you become a resident, we’ll handle everything from interior and exterior maintenance, to weekly housekeeping and linen services, to scheduled transportation, to 24-hour security – and more.
Finally, don’t forget about priceless peace of mind. Senior living at East Ridge at Cutler Bay means premier health care for life … no matter what. All this adds up to the time and opportunity for you to do whatever you like. The choice is yours, now and always.
Rediscover … the good life.
We don’t want you to simply love your home. We want you to thrive. Everything we do here, from the amazing dining to rich amenities to fun opportunities and more, is designed around you. We believe we are more than just employees working in your home, we have created our 10 Essential Hospitality Promises –pledges that every team member must adhere to as part of their professional conduct at East Ridge at Cutler Bay.
These promises help us put our focus on your choices. That may include our dining staff knowing if you prefer coffee after dinner, or our housekeeping staff understanding just how you like your residence cleaned. It’s the small details that make a big difference. You’ll feel as if this is a community of one – and you’re the one.
“As you can see, senior living is an opportunity for you to begin a wonderful new chapter in your life … written and designed by you,” says Mary Scott. “Make your life as engaging and active as you want, or relax in style or find a new passion to interest you. One thing is certain: at East Ridge at Cutler Bay, senior living doesn’t mean slowing down. In fact, it means that your life – your fulfilling, engaging and vibrant senior life – is just beginning!”
About East Ridge at Cutler Bay
East Ridge at Cutler Bay, a SantaFe Senior Living Community, is Miami-Dade County’s only true Life Plan Retirement Community. The not-for-profit community draws from the neighborhood charm of suburban Cutler Bay and the vibrancy of Miami in a lush tropical setting of 76 acres, located at 19301 SW 87th Avenue. The community offers a full continuum of care including independent living garden homes in a neighborhood setting and assisted living, memory care, respite, skilled nursing care, and rehabilitation services available within Three Palms Health Center.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please call 305-256-3564.