Your home has served you well throughout your adult life. Now, it could be the catalyst to a new adventure in senior living.
“Homeowners are currently in a favorable market position,” says Marcos Gonzalez, Director of Sales of East Ridge at Cutler Bay, a Miami-Dade County Life Plan Community with one-story living on 76 acres of green space. “This seller’s market is likely to last through the summer and offers a great time for older adults to transition to a Life Plan Community.”
No matter the health of the market, though, there are some tried-and-true strategies to sell your property fast.
1. Hire the Right Real Estate Agent.
The ideal candidate to sell your home is someone who is familiar with your local market, has insights into your target buyer, and understands what you need to gain from the sale of your property.
A real estate agent will:
- Run price comparisons in your market
- Price your home to sell
- Give you advice on how to prepare your home for the market
- Attract buyer attention to your home
- Help you avoid hidden costs
2. Declutter and Depersonalize.
When a buyer views your property, they’re assessing whether it will suit their needs – both practically and aesthetically.
To help potential buyers envision themselves in your home, it’s wise to remove any unnecessary furniture. From there, you can stage rooms to give them ideas about how to use each living space.
You should also store away personal possessions like pictures, collections or religious items so buyers can easily imagine how the home could be personalized to their tastes. For the same reason, you should also repaint walls in neutral colors.
3. Spruce Up Your Space.
This is the time to deep clean and make small repairs and updates.
Little changes like updated cabinet hardware, new countertops, stainless steel appliances or modern light fixtures can result in a large return on your investment. Similarly, repairing faucets, loose door handles or broken tiles communicates to buyers that your home is move-in ready.
Often neglected areas of your home you’ll want to clean are:
- Cabinet and closet interiors
- Corners where dust gathers
- Basement and garage
4. Market Strategically Online.
The homebuying process begins on the web. Before a prospective buyer visits your home, they will familiarize themselves with the property through its online listing. Therefore, it’s crucial your home is represented well.
Here are some ways to make sure your home stands out:
- Hire a professional photographer to capture your house at its best.
- Consider including a 3D tour. Sometimes houses are sold this way without a physical showing.
- Write a compelling listing description to accompany the images.
Benefits of Moving to a Life Plan Community
Once you’ve sold your house, you’ll have the freedom and capital to move into a Life Plan Community and enjoy all the convenient features a home simply doesn’t provide. You can step into this new phase of your life with confidence and peace of mind as you consider the many benefits of senior living:
- Levels of care that deliver health care and assist with activities of daily living
- Financial predictability with a LifeCare contract
- Social, recreational and personal growth opportunities
- Services and amenities that support a low-maintenance lifestyle
A New Home at East Ridge at Cutler Bay
East Ridge at Cutler Bay is a Life Plan Community in Miami-Dade County that offers independent living, assisted living and memory support. Seniors who sell their homes and move to East Ridge at Cutler Bay can choose from several different floor plans. Contact us today to check out our Garden Homes or our one-and two-bedroom residences.